The Bee Farmers’ Association works with government and other strategic groups at regional, national and European levels. The interests of the United Kingdom (UK) bee farming industry is represented by the Bee Farmers’ Association in the following forums:
- Bee Health Advisory Forum, Department of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Scotland’s Bee Health Strategy Group
- National Pollinator Strategy Stakeholder Group
- Veterinary Medicines Directorate Bee Group
- Bee Advisory Working Party, Copa-Cogeca
- European Union (EU) Honey Task Force.
The General Secretary of the Bee Farmers’ Association is Chairman of CONBA (Council of National Beekeeping Associations of the UK and Ireland).
The Bee Farmers’ Association has good strategic relationships with the National Farmers’ Union (NFU) and the British Honey Importers’ and Packers’ Association (BHIPA).