Membership is available to both individuals and business entities (eg, partnerships, limited companies, etc) via a principal contact. Joint membership is available. Services are provided on a per-subscription basis.
Benefits of membership include:
- information, advice and support on all aspects of bee farming
- specialist insurance
- special pricing through BFA Sales on equipment and consumable items from major UK and European manufacturers
- Toyota/Lexus vehicle discount purchase scheme
- complimentary copy of the bi-monthly journal, Bee Farmer, with preferential advertising rates for members
- year book incorporating specialist supplier directory
- networking opportunities and trade contacts
- professional development training opportunities and special events, including visits in the UK and abroad
- regional meetings
- online discussion group
- industry data and reports
- eligibility for the Disease Assurance Scheme for Honeybees (DASH)
- opportunity to employ apprentice bee farmers
- pollination contracts
- circulation of UK and overseas beekeeping journals
- complimentary subscription to The Beekeepers’ Quarterly.
Note: Benefits may be restricted in some membership categories and/or may change from time to time. Further details are available on request from the Membership and Administration Officer.
Eligibility requires applicants to demonstrate they are developing or operating a bee farming business, or are employed in or working on behalf of a sector-related business or organisation. Members are expected to abide by the association’s code of conduct.
This is the general membership category open to new and existing members and provides access to the full range of available benefits.
Open to existing members who have ceased active bee farming for whatever reason but wish to maintain contact with the sector and individuals therein. Members in this category are eligible to receive communications and publications from the association and to attend meetings and events. Important Note: Members requiring insurance through the Bee Farmers’ Association are required to maintain general membership.
The full range of benefits of general membership is available on a life basis to retired board members or others of long service to the association nominated and approved in general meeting.
Subscription fees are payable for the membership year which runs from 1 January to 31 December. A 50 per cent discount on the annual fee is available to those joining on or after 1 July. Subscription rates for the current year are indicated in the application form.
Further Information and Applying for Membership
If you require further information on joining the Bee Farmers’ Association, please contact the Membership and Administration Officer.